Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Waiting on Wednesday #20

By 9:15 AM


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights books whose releases we are eagerly awaiting!
 
 
     by: Nichole Chase
 
Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: August 2013
 

Ava McKenzie is a creature of habit. Life is passing her by and she has nothing to show for it. She’s had the same job since she started college, she orders the same dish every time she goes to her favorite restaurant, and only reads books from authors she knows. There is nothing new or surprising in her life… until her best friend marries a man from London. When her newlywed friend asks her to house-sit while she honeymoons, Ava jumps at the chance. She thinks this could be the very thing she needs to shake up her life. Ava throws herself head first into her new lifestyle; she wants to try everything, go everywhere, and never get stuck in a rut again. Of course, offing a man in a car garage hadn’t been one of the things on her list to try.

Owen Walker spends every day in a new place with a new case. As one of the most renowned assassins in the world, he has his choice of marks—and he’s never failed in a mission. When a new hit takes him back to his hometown, he looks forward to spending time somewhere familiar. What he isn’t expecting is to help an attractive, confused American woman find out how she’s ended up on a hit man’s list.

As Ava and Owen dodge bullets, will they be able to escape their undeniable attraction to each other? Or will all of that chemistry blow up in a shower of hot and dangerous sparks?


It's no secret that I absolutely LOVED Nichole's Suddenly Royal. Don't believe me? My 5 star review is here. Naturally, I cannot wait for this one. How cute is that cover?! And hello? Romance with assassins? YES!

What book are you guys waiting on this week?

You Might Also Like

51 comments

  1. I love assassin stories and this one looks like a lot of fun! Great pick =)

    my WOWt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look really cute. I haven't read Suddenly Royal, but it sounds like I need to pick it up. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Suddenly Royal is ADORABLE! I love it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good. Assassins are always great reading material! :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-the-chaos-of-stars/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, that sounds great! Definitely adding this to my TBR! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, Nichole Chase's latest! I haven't read any of her books, but I did participate in the reveal for this one, and I'm kind of intrigued! I hope you get to read it soon, Jessica! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I loved her Suddenly Royal so I know I'll love this one too!

      Delete
  6. This is completely new to me but I like the sounds of it! Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I've been on a contemp kick lately, so this definitely spices it up!

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of this. Girl forced out of the comfort zone of the same old life...sounds like fun.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely looking forward to this. I love that its got a fresh idea!

      Delete
  8. This sounds good. Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very interesting! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sounds amazing! I'm adding it to my TBR list right now. Great pick.

    Tsuki @ Tsuki's Books

    Tsuki’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tsuki! Yay! I love when I see people adding books to their TBR!

      Delete
  11. I love the sound of this one!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Allison @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, this one sounds really good. Hope you enjoy it once you get the chance to read it!
    Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! I love that title! And it sounds like it will be a good read!! I'm going to have to add this one to my reading list!!! Great pick!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magen! I love Nichole's Suddenly Royal, so I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

      Delete
  14. i am intrigued by the cover and title! it sounds like a really awesome read :)

    check out my WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOOHOO! So excited to TAA as your WoW! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep! I am SO excited Nichole! Love that cover and I cannot WAIT to see Owen and Ava interact!

      Delete
  16. OOh sounds exciting! Cool cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Pick Friend! I bought the first book in the series, after hearing how everyone loved it ((especially you, and your Swoons :) I will be getting this book too, when it comes out! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks Lindy! I can't wait for you to read Suddenly Royal! It's adorable!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier! I'm not sure if this one is for me or not. They can't all be, right?

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sandy! I hear ya, unfortunately they can't. If they all were, we'd never ever stop reading! LOL.

      Delete
  19. This was almost my pick too but I had to go with the cowboys :)
    I LOVE this cover and I can’t wait for this book! I have a fascination with (fictional) assassins. (General Hospital)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, that works out for us! You've got the cowboys and I got the assassins covered this week! LOL!

      Delete
  20. Haven't ever read anything by this author, but I love books about assassins!!!
    Great pick :) Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by also Jen! I loved Nichole's other NA book, so I'm definitely excited for this one!

      Delete
  21. Such a great pick! I really like Nichole 's writing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Andrea! Nichole is awesome, so I definitely can't wait for this one.

      Delete
  22. This sounds good, and I've seen Suddenly Royal was a pretty great read so it sounds like this author may be someone to watch. I'll be adding this one as well as Suddenly to my pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I hope you like Suddenly when you get to it- I adored it. Such a fun, cute read.

      Delete
  23. I am really looking forward to this to. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! Not too much longer to wait!

      Delete
  24. This is the second time that I've seen this one! Thanks for sharing. :) It sounds interesting.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.