Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Review: Mistaken by Fate by Katee Robert

By 8:22 AM , , , , , , ,

Mistaken by Fate (Serve #3)
   by: Katee Robert

Publication Date: Dec. 1, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Brazen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Source: e-ARC provided via the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Page Count: 175 pages
Order Links: Amazon | B&N
My Rating: 4/5 stars

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

The man she should want, or the man she craves… Fashion designer Ridley Ethridge thinks she's found the perfect, stable sort of guy in her childhood friend Will Reaver. With seduction in her sights, she arranges to rock Will's world at an exclusive club that caters to those with adventurous and erotic appetites. What happens next is both intense and satisfying—until Ridley's blindfold comes off to reveal Will's twin brother. The same twin who broke her heart eight years ago. Former soldier Garrett Reaver hasn't ever gotten Ridley out of his system. And now that she's before him in all her submissive glory? He'll be damned before he lets someone else have her, especially his brother. Because Garrett and Ridley have some seriously unfinished business to take care of, and it starts now. And this time, he'll show Ridley how exquisite a relationship with him could be…if their past doesn't catch up to them first.

 
 
Having enjoyed Tessa Bailey's first book in the Serve series, I was excited to see that Katee was joining in on the fun! The story includes some of my all-time favorite tropes (second chance romance, falling for the best friend's brother...) so naturally I knew it was going to be a win. This is a pretty short book, so things move at a pretty fast pace. No worries though, I still felt Garrett and Ridley's relationship worked really well despite the speed in which everything progressed. Robert does a great job leaving some character's storylines unresolved, as she is going to be writing more for the series.
 
I liked both Ridley and Garrett. They were great characters and they definitely have some unresolved business between them. As much as Ridley wants to believe she's put Garrett Reaver behind her a long time ago, she really hasn't ever gotten over him. The same goes for Garrett. He unknowingly walks into a room and upon spotting the sub kneeling on the floor blindfolded, the first thoughts he has are of how this girl reminds him of Ridley. He is completely surprised when he finds out it IS her. Surprised and a bit irritated, as she thought she was getting his twin brother....
 
Now that he's had a taste of her, he decides once is just not enough and is determined to make her his... if only for a night. Garrett underestimates Ridley though. She can act as though his reemergence into her life doesn't bother her, but it does. This man still has the ability to affect her, even after years of avoiding him and after breaking her heart. Garrett is one sexy hunk of a man. I love that he is undeterred when it comes to Ridley, but he definitely frustrated me with his feelings that he can't give her more. Having been abandoned by the one woman he should never have to do without, he secretly fears that Ridley would leave him, thus destroying his heart. He really battles over what to do, knowing he can't keep her, but can't seem to leave her alone either. The more Ridley gives in, she loses another piece of her heart to the man she swore she would never let hurt her again.
 
I'm looking forward to Katee's next book Betting on Fate. I'm hoping it will be Will's story and I'm hoping it will be with a certain dark-haired vixen we were briefly introduced to in this book. It seems like there's some history between them and I'm quite curious as to what it is. This shorter novel packs quite the punch- I like that Robert didn't go too overboard with the BDSM and the sex scenes. Instead, we get the best of both worlds: steamy, hot sex and watching Ridley and Garrett overcome their past to start thinking of a future.
 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I think I would also like the balance the author has with sexy scenes and growth for the characters! I will definitely have to look into this author!! :D

    Lovely review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really good and I love a fast paced book that still makes me feel the relationship. This is deff a brazen I'll keep my eye on. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'll have to buy this one as well! I think I've read one of Katee's books - and I liked it! So I'll add this one. BRAZEN, WOOT :D Excellent review, Jess!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.