Lovin' los libros

A book blog dedicated to young adult and new adult novels

Tasty Tuesday #16

By 1:00 AM

Hey guys! I'm back again with another Tasty Tuesday!
 
I do alter my recipes to fit my own tastes, so please also feel free to refer back to the original recipe at the bottom of the post to see what I may have eliminated.
 
 Most of my recipes are Weight Watcher friendly, but don't let that scare you away. They are actually really good. I've also found some great websites like Skinny Kitchen and Skinny Taste that I use a lot too. Most of my recipes have some kick to them, so if you are not a big spicy person, adjust the spices to better fit your tastes. OH. And all of the meals I cook are really easy to prepare. I'm not big on difficult meals.
 
Today I am featuring:
 
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
 
(Another one of Cassie's awesome recipes!)
 
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, this is a great healthy alternative!
 

 
Ingredients:
 
-3 green bell peppers
-1lb. ground turkey
-1 bag, boil-in-bag brown rice
-shredded cheese
-salsa
-taco seasoning mix
-taco sauce
-sour cream
-cumin
-adobo
-salt and pepper
 
Directions:
 
1. Boil rice in bag according to directions.
 
2. Cut tops off 2 of the peppers and deseed. For third pepper, chop 1/4 of pepper to use later.
 
3. Brown ground turkey. Add 1/8 cup of water and then add taco seasoning packet, cumin, adobo, salt and pepper.
 
4. Set peppers in a glass oven safe dish. At bottom of green pepper, add rice and chopped green pepper. Then add dollop of taco sauce.
 
5. Stuff with ground turkey. Top with cheese and salsa.
 
6. Repeat process with second pepper.
 
7. Place remaining rice, a bit of chopped green pepper, salsa, cheese around peppers in dish like above.
 
8. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes.
 
9. Top with sour cream (if so desired).
 
 
Notes:
 
*Cassie used black beans at the bottom of her peppers. If you like them, you can add those or you can even use corn if you'd like. There are lots of variations you can do!
 
Serving Size: 1 pepper and half of leftover rice mixture in glass dish.
Serves: 2
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
 
Recipe originally taken from The Casserole. See HERE.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. When I saw the recipe from The Casserole I knew I had to make it, and now you remind me that I need to do it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppers are one of my favorite food to add to almost anything! This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks fabulous! You've reminded me that I will have to figure out something special to make for Cinco de Mayo! I make my own taco seasoning and could definitely try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me hungry. I'd love to try and make these sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love! And I will get around to commenting back!

My blog is an award-free blog, however, as I just do not have the time to follow-up.

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.